Wednesday 3 July 2013

Healing Bath Soak




The following recipe is based on my own individual experiments and is by no means a formula as to what you should or shouldn't do. As with anything know where you are at and where you desire to go and tailor the results you are getting in response to these two points.

From my research all the ingredients posted in the recipe below are safe in the quantities suggested. Saying this though maybe begin with half the suggested quantities for each ingredient and then take it from here. Epsom salts have been known to reduce blood pressure so be cautious if you have blood pressure challenges. Again do your own research and make your own informed decisions on how to proceed, if at all.

There is a plethora of research on the internet relating to the benefits to be gained from using the ingredients listed below, therefore I will not post anything more. If you are really interested then punch these topics into google and read at your hearts desire. A good place to start is the website and blog of Dr Mark Sircus who has written much on the products of magnesium and baking soda in relation to health and healing.

My own experience from having these baths is that they relax me on a very deep level, replenish my energy, lift my mood, increase my mental clarity and improve the quality of my skin. Anyway as the saying goes; ''the proof of the eating is in the pudding''. All that awaits then is for you to try for yourself and then share your experience.

Recipe 
1 kg of Epsom Salt (not necessarily the best brand, just the one available at my local health food store. I am open to hearing others suggestions as to the ones they use and why.)
750g of  Magnesium Flakes
1kg of Baking Soda
20 drops of Organic Steam Distilled Essential oil ( I have been using organic rosemary and ginger, use whatever you are drawn to)
2kg of Sun dried sea salt
500g of clay ( the brands I have used are Now Foods and Vitality Herbs and Clay)

Instructions

*The bath water should be at as high a temperature as you can possibly handle, not to the point where you are burning your skin though, just enough to open your pores and bring your body out in a sweat. People can handle different levels of water heat so approach with conscious awareness and begin with a cooler temperature and then work your way up over time to warmer water.

*Filtered water free from Chlorine and Fluoride (especially fluoride) is preferred.


-Fill bath one quarter full of water then add all the ingredients minus the essential oils. Mix into the water until fully dissolved then continue to fill bath with water until full. Add essential oils just before entering and also mix into water.

I like to stay in for a minimum of 45 minutes and I make sure to submerge my head under the water (minus my nose obviously for breathing purposes) for long periods of times to let the salts soak into my face, scalp, hair and ears.

As an addition before having the bath the clay can be applied as a body pack then left to dry and then washed off upon entering into the bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reply to message